Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow Day

This is the difference of living in Georgia: just the slightest chance of winter weather and we're cleaning out our grocery stores and canceling school the next day. I can't remember the last time Richmond County actually experienced snow that stuck and got us out of school. I think I was in high school. The entire city iced over just a few years ago and that earned us some days off. My house lost power and we had to move in with my grandparents for a few days. That's as bad as it gets around here. Come summertime we're sweltering because of the humidity and come winter we're crossing our fingers praying for a miracle. It makes me laugh. No matter how many times we've been disappointed during the cold season, no matter how many times the weatherman has promised snow that doesn't show up, we still think it will happen and are truly let down when it doesn't. Tonight looks like the closest we've been in awhile. Schools are already beginning making announcements. The weatherman promises snow and ice after midnight. I guess we'll wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment