Monday, March 2, 2009

What True Love Really Is

I must air my grievances about tonight's episode of The Bachelor. It was the season finale and, while it should have been a celebration of an engagement, the happiness quickly wore off and left me depressed and angry. On the "After the Final Rose" special, Jason decided to dump Melissa on NATIONAL TELEVISION and chose the other girl. Although Melissa was my favorite from the very beginning, I really didn't care who he chose. I liked Molly, too. I thought either girl would be a great fit and Jason would have been a lucky guy. I am, however, incredibly put-off about how the events happened. Okay, so I read the blogs and watched the videos Reality Steve made. I knew well in advance what was going to happen. That doesn't mean that it sat well with me. Here's the gist: Jason chose Melissa during the finale and then dumped her six weeks later to give it a go with Molly. What I am truly upset about is why Jason chose to do this on national television. They kept saying how they kept the set intimate because of the "sensitive nature of the events". Okay, then why show it to 15 million people around the country? The guy should be ashamed of himself. Word on the street is that it was always Molly, but the producers of the show thought Melissa would be the better story. I heard they paid Jason to pick Melissa, only to break up with her for Molly later. If that's the truth, he's scum and so are the producers of The Bachelor. It just goes to show that what the world thinks is real love is just an illusion, a myth. True love is constant, never changing. The world thinks they can bottle up real love and sell it on reality television. The only real love this world needs is the Father. God is the only true love there is. And when He has His hand in your life and your marriage, that's when you'll have your happy ending.

1 comment: