Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Get on the floor and do the New Kids dance

Okay. So I'm aware that when I told people I had tickets to go see the New Kids on the Block reunion tour in Greenville, they probably thought I was pretty lame. Some even told me to my face. "The New Kids are old," they told me. "The concert is probably going to suck." Nevertheless, I was excited. Someone offered me tickets and I took them without hesitation. I called my cousin, Shanon, as soon as I found out to see if she wanted to go with me. Her response "Uh...yeah!" So went it. I was a little worried my friends were going to be right and it was going to be lame. After, the New Kids aren't exactly teenagers anymore. They're almost in their forties. I figured they'd sing a lot of their old songs and we'd reminisce. I was way wrong. They put on an amazing concert. It totally exceeded my expectations. Shanon and I were on our feet, screaming like 12-year-old girls all night long. We even staked out the tour buses after the show in the off-chance that they'd ask us to go on tour with them. It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Highlight of this year, definitely. Even more than that, they had an awesome opening act. The Jabbawockeez, of America's Best Dance Crew fame, were there and totally rocked the house. Their routine made me want to learn how to spin on my head. I always thought those dance moves were altered via television magic, but they are 100% real. I loved every minute of it. Then the New Kids took the stage and I suddenly forgot how old I was. They sang plenty of their old songs and threw in a few new songs in the mix. I was very impressed and just might have to go to another NKOTB concert in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. That was one of the best nights of my life. Thanks a million for taking me. I've had a permanent smile on my face since Tuesday. Hey, I'm willing to drive to Pennsylvania next week for round 2 of NKOTB. HA!

    ReplyDelete