Monday, January 5, 2009

Answered Prayers

Today has been one of those days I can literally see God answering prayers. Some days I find myself scratching my head, wondering what God is doing, but today I can see things falling into place. First and foremost, my mother got released from the hospital. She had a brief stay after a surgery on her finger. It might seem a little extreme, a four-day hospital stay over an infected finger, but it was more because the antibiotics the doctor prescribed were very aggressive and only available via an IV. This morning, Justin and I got to take her home, on Justin's 22nd birthday of all days. Then my brother got good news regarding his school. He had to take the semester off from school last year after his diabetes diagnosis. The doctors wanted to make sure he could adjust to his new lifestyle without the added pressures of college. As Justin was trying to register for classes for this semester, some of the financial aide stuff got messed up and he was thinking he wasn't going to have money to go to school. But, thankfully, the financial aide came through today and he can resume classes Monday. And then there's me. I got some bad news regarding school in November and ended up having to file an appeal for admittance into the Teacher Education program. This afternoon I got the call that made me breathe a little easier. My appeal was approved and I am one step closer to graduating. I had myself convinced it wasn't going to happen, but it did. My job hours will shift a little and some things will have to change, but those are small prices to pay to finish with school. I just have to go tomorrow to complete the process and I am ready to start class Wednesday. It's such a neat thing to watch everything unfold so nicely. My family has seen our fair share of bad luck this year and it's a breath of relief to see the tide begin to turn. And I know that is only because the Lord is good and He watches over His flock. Even when I go kicking and screaming, I know God's will for my life is greater than anything I could have planned on my own. Now that school is getting squared away and Mom is on her way to recovery, 2009 can really begin and I look forward to what it has in store.

1 comment:

  1. I knew God would work it all out for you! Always keep the faith!!! :)

    ReplyDelete