Thursday, February 12, 2009

He Keeps Me Singing

I've adopted a new outlook on life recently and people have been asking me what's up with my newfound positivity. I don't really have an answer. It's not anything I did myself. It's totally been God. I've been praying for God to be more than enough for me and, as it turns out, I'm starting to believe it. These past few days, I've been happier and more carefree than I've been in a very long time. It has to be a God thing because nothing in my life has really changed. I'm just choosing to stay positive. I'm seeing all these Facebook and Twitter updates with people complaining about their lives and how they're feeling and I just realized how much of a drag that is. I am, by no means, innocent of this. I'm one of the biggest complainers I know. Which is exactly why I'm trying to look on the bright side. Because my life could be so much worse and it's not. And truly, God is more than enough for me. So because of this new mantra on life, I've been a lot lighter and more confident than I've been in years. I just don't see the point of wasting what little time on earth I have moping and feeling sorry for myself. Life's too short not to laugh and have fun. And I can't wait to see what God has in store for me next. I know that whatever it is, He has my best interest at heart and He will lead me through.

3 comments:

  1. It's called prayer... and lots have been going up on your behalf!!! love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Erin! I'm proud of your new found positivity. Remeber Jeremaih 29:11...I try to remind my self of it everyday. God has such a big plan for each of us that we have to appreciate where we are today because he has put us in the situation to prepare us for the greater things that he has in store for us.

    ReplyDelete